Assist Teams for Aug. 8, 2022 | Journal-news
• The Alzheimer’s Affiliation, Western Maryland Chapter, affords household and caregiver assist group conferences in Washington County, Maryland, freed from cost.
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia Group will meet 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. each second Friday of the month at Berkeley Senior Providers, situated at 217 North Excessive Road, Martinsburg. Assist teams are an incredible place to hunt recommendation and discover helpful assets. For extra info, name 304-263-8873, ext. 114.
• An Alzheimer’s Affiliation Household Caregiver Assist Group is assembly nearly 10-11 a.m. the fourth Friday of every month. This system is free and open to household and caregivers of these with Alzheimer’s illness or a associated dementia in Martinsburg in addition to neighboring communities.
For extra details about the caregiver assist group assembly or different Affiliation packages and providers, e mail email@example.com to register name 304-343-2717.
• The Alzheimer’s Affiliation, West Virginia Chapter will host a month-to-month assist group starting at 10 a.m. the fourth Friday of every month on the Jefferson County Fee on Getting old, 103 West fifth Ave., Ranson.
This group is for people who’ve a beloved one with Alzheimer’s illness or dementia and caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s illness or dementia. For particular questions concerning the Ranson Assist Group, name Chasidy Rosa Morales at 304-725-4095 or Germaine Gauthier-Schwarz at 304-728-4154.
For extra info concerning Alzheimer’s illness, or to hook up with info and assist by the free 24/7 Helpline, contact the Alzheimer’s Affiliation at 800-272-3900. A whole itemizing of all neighborhood workshops may be discovered at www.alz.org/wv.
• Homewood at Williamsport, 16505 Virginia Ave., hosts month-to-month Alzheimer’s assist teams at midday the third Wednesday of every month. Anybody caring for an individual with reminiscence loss is inspired to attend and convey a bagged lunch. For extra info or to RSVP, name Shelby Vaughn at 301-582-1750.
• The Somerford Place-Reminiscence Care Assisted Dwelling group meets at 5:30 p.m. the primary Tuesday of each month. Somerford Place is situated at 10016 Sharpsburg Pike in Hagerstown, Maryland. Respite care is obtainable with advance discover. For extra info, name Sheri Evans at 301-791-9221 or go to their web site at https://www.loc8nearme.com/maryland/hagerstown/somerford-house-and-place-hagerstown/5800548/
• Washington Sq. United Methodist Church, 538 Washington Sq., Hagerstown, hosts a month-to-month caregiver assist group from 7-8 p.m. the final Tuesday of every month. For extra info, name Pastor Jerry Lowans at 301-739-9344.
• Circle of Hope grief assist group is held 5:30-6:30 p.m. the third Friday of every month at 2337 Valor Drive, Winchester, Virginia. This grief assist group is geared in direction of household and associates who’ve skilled the lack of a beloved one attributable to an act of violence. This can be a closed and personal group. If e mail Crystal Pruitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fb personal group: Circle of Hope Grief Assist Winchester.
• A specialty group for individuals dwelling with early-stage reminiscence loss and caregivers is held at 4:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month at Somerford Home, 10114 Sharpsburg Pike. For extra info, name Cathy Hanson at 301-696-0315.
For extra details about upcoming training and packages, name 301-696-0315, 800-272-3900 or go to alz.org/maryland.
• A Caregiver Assist Group meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the second Friday of every month at Berkeley Senior Providers. The group gives a chance for caregivers to work together with different caregivers, share strategies and supply instructional info.
For extra info, name Katherine Donovan at 304-263-8873, ext. 114.
• The Open Hearts Al-Anon Household Group meets at 6 p.m. each Sunday on-line through Zoom. The group welcomes newcomers who’ve been or are affected by somebody’s consuming or dependancy and people who attend different 12-step packages resembling Debtors Nameless, Overeaters Nameless and Alcoholics Nameless. The group retains the deal with our personal restoration and never on the alcoholic/addict.
For extra info, name Donna at 240-620-8872 or Susan at 240-344-6175.
• Hope For Right this moment Al-Anon Household Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. each Thursday at Bedington United Methodist Church, 580 Bedington Highway, Martinsburg. The group welcomes newcomers, who’ve been or are affected by somebody’s consuming or dependancy. The group’s focus is on restoration and never on the alcoholic/addict.
For extra info, name Karen at 304-676-4378.
• Alcoholics Nameless In-Particular person Conferences
118 Martin St., Martinsburg WV All the conferences beneath are at this location.
– Eye Opener Group will meet 7:30 a.m. day by day
– The Early After Work Buddies of Invoice W. will meet 5:30 p.m. day by day
– Males’s Group will meet 7 p.m. Mondays
– eleventh Step Group will meet 11 a.m. Sundays and seven p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
– Nooners Group will meet midday Fridays
– Behind the Star Group will meet midday Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Francis-Asbury United Methodist Church, 106 Wilkes St., Berkeley Springs [Behind The Star Theater (Wilkes and Congress St)]
– Bedington Assembly will meet at 6:30 p.m. each Thursday at Bedington United Methodist Church, 580 Bedington Highway, Martinsburg. The group welcomes newcomers, who’ve been or are affected by somebody’s consuming or dependancy. The group’s focus is on restoration and never on the alcoholic/addict. For extra info, name Karen at 304-676-4378.
– Good Orderly Route (GOD) Group will meet 7 p.m. Mondays at Trinity Lutheran Church, 1643 Pitzer’s Chapel Highway, Martinsburg.
– Marlowe Group will meet 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Concord United Methodist Church, 9455 Williamsport Pike, Marlowe.
– Berkeley Springs Group will meet 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 180 South Washington Road, Berkeley Springs.
– Out-Proper Psychological Defectives Group “OMD” will meet 9:30 p.m. Saturdays at Snyder’s Bible Church, 10980 Martinsburg Rd., Hedgesville.
– Scrabble Highway Group will meet 6:30 p.m. Sundays at Concord United Methodist Church, 9455 Williamsport Pike (Rt 11 North), Marlowe.
– Batt Group will meet 5 p.m. Sundays at Cacapon State Park- Rt.522, 818 Cacapon Lodge Rd., Berkeley Springs. Observe the A.A. indicators to the placement.
– H.O.W. Group will meet 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Hedgesville United Methodist Church, 201 S. Mary Road, Hedgesville.
– Inwood Group will meet 8 p.m. at St. Leo’s Church, 2109 Sulphur Springs Highway, Inwood.
• Alcoholics Nameless On-Line conferences
– Eye Opener Group assembly will probably be held 7:30 a.m. day by day. To hitch out of your pc, pill or smartphone go to https://www.gotomeet.me/eyeopenergroup Entry quantity: 604461373
– Early After Work Buddies of Invoice W. Group will meet 5:30 p.m. day by day. To hitch go to five:30 EAWFOBW Zoom ID: 670 314 2769 Password: 118
– Doomsdayers Group will meet 7 p.m. day by day by becoming a member of zoom assembly: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/942899066?pwd=cG12dFdSdlorYytlOThIeUNmOFpHdz09 Zoom Assembly ID: 942-899-066
– Ladies On A Journey Group will meet 2 p.m. Sunday solely by becoming a member of Zoom ID: 274 008 239 Password: woaj
– Good Orderly Route Assembly (On-line) will meet 7 p.m. Mondays Zoom ID: 810-6302-0966 Password: assist
– Males’s Group will meet 7 p.m. Wednesdays, www.gotomeet.me/eyeopenergroup Entry quantity: 604461373
– Campfire Group will meet 8 p.m. Fridays by becoming a member of Zoom Assembly https://zoom.us/j/264155384 ID: 264 155 384 Password: 571122
– Care Bears will meet 7 p.m. on daily basis besides Monday and Wednesday. Zoom ID 942 899 066 Password 049396.
• Stroke assist group will probably be held the final Wednesday of each month from 3-4 p.m. on the Dorothy McCormack Heart, Suite 2400, Martinsburg. For extra info, name Jessica R. Copenhaver, RN, at 304-264-1000 ext. 32545.
• Rainbow of Hope: Being pregnant After Loss, is a novel assist group in that will probably be a web based, peer-to-peer assist group for these contemplating getting pregnant once more after loss, attempting to conceive after loss, pregnant after loss and/or parenting after loss. The group will assist join households with comparable tales, hopes and fears. The group may also have a couple of “meet up” actions locally all year long.
For extra info, go to www.paila-WCMD.com.
• NARCONON can assist you’re taking steps to beat dependancy in your loved ones. Over the past a number of years drug overdoses have continued to extend. At this level, the Surgeon Common has issued an announcement for all communities to extend Narcan availability since analysis exhibits when communities improve training and availability, the variety of overdose deaths lower. For extra info, go to www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/weblog/where-to-get-narcan.html
Free of charge dependancy screenings or referrals, name 1-800-431-1754.
– Native Narcotics Nameless teams will meet on the following occasions:
– Not Excessive at Midday Group, Zoom Digital Assembly ID: 729 239 454 password 870767; phone- 1-312-626-6799: midday Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
– Give up to Win, Zoom Digital Assembly ID: 869 2440 7272; phone- 1-301-715-8592: 6 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
– By no means Alone, By no means Once more Group, Asbury United Methodist Church, 110 North St., Room 105, Charles City: 8 p.m. Monday.
– Dwelling the Program, Mt. Zion Methodist Church, 530 W. Martin St.: midday Tuesday. Newbie’s assembly the primary week of each month.
– New Hope Group, Zoom Digital Assembly ID: 767 214 451, password: 111111, phone- 1-312-626-6799: 7 p.m. Tuesday.
– Hold it Easy Group, Calvary United Methodist Church, 220 W. Burke St.: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
– It’s a Model New Day Group, Charles City Baptist Church, 203 S. Mildred St., Charles City: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
– Only for Right this moment, St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 700 New York Ave.: 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
– Begin to Stay Group, Zoom Digital Assembly ID: 767 214 451, password: 111111, telephone — 1-312-626-6799: 8:15 p.m. Friday.
– Saturday Night time Stay Group, United Reform Church, 113 E. Burke St.: 7 p.m. Saturday.
– Foundations Group, Zoom Digital Assembly ID: 570 573 3573, password: Recovery20, phone- 1-312-626-6799: 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
– Free At Final, St. Marks Episcopal, 180 S. Washington St., Berkeley Springs: 6 p.m. Sunday.
– Miracles Do Occur, Zoom Digital Assembly ID: 184 272 929 password 987654: 6 p.m. Sunday.
– New Hope Group, Otterbein United Methodist Church, 549 N. Queen St.: 7 p.m. Tuesday.
For extra info, e mail email@example.com or go to web site at: https://almostheavenareana.org
• Suicides amongst younger individuals proceed to be a significant issue. Every year within the U.S., hundreds of youngsters commit suicide. Suicide is the third main reason behind demise for 15-to-24 12 months olds, and the sixth main reason behind demise for 5-to-14 12 months olds.
Youngsters expertise robust emotions of stress, confusion, self-doubt, strain to succeed, monetary uncertainty and different fears whereas rising up. For some youngsters, divorce, the formation of a brand new household with step-parents and step-siblings, or shifting to a brand new neighborhood may be very unsettling and might intensify self-doubts. For some teenagers, suicide might look like an answer to their issues and stress.
Despair and suicidal emotions are treatable psychological problems. The kid or adolescent must have his or her sickness acknowledged and recognized, and applicable remedy plans developed. When dad and mom are doubtful whether or not their little one has a significant issue, a psychiatric examination may be very useful.
Disaster Textual content Line gives free emotional assist and data to teenagers in any kind of disaster, together with feeling suicidal. You possibly can textual content with a skilled specialist 24 hours a day. Textual content “HOME” to 741741. Disaster Textual content Line http://www.crisistextline.org/
For extra info on teen suicide, name Nationwide Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255.
• The Charles City Overeaters Nameless group meets at 7 p.m. each Friday at Asbury United Methodist Church, Charles City, room 102. Members are requested to enter through the workplace door within the rear. Group welcomes all meals associated points; chubby, anorexic and bulimic. For extra info, go to www.OA.org.
• The Inwood Chapter of “TOPS Membership Inc.,” (Take Off Kilos Sensibly) meets each Thursday morning at St. Leo’s Catholic Church, 2109 Sulpher Springs, Inwood. Non-public weigh-ins are held from 10-10:15 a.m., with the assist assembly beginning at 10:15. Guests are welcome to attend and the primary assembly is free. Annual membership for TOPS is $49 a 12 months and Chapter dues are $4 a month. TOPS gives teaching programs, assist, and friendship. For extra info name Adrienne Kief 304-260-9081 or Faye Bender 304-267-2896.
• A Grief Share assist group assembly could also be simply what you want in the event you’ve just lately misplaced a beloved one or really feel you haven’t efficiently and absolutely handled grief from a previous loss. Conferences are held from 7-9 p.m. each Thursday at Charles City Baptist Church, on Samuel Road in Charles City. Attendees will obtain a useful workbook, watch info packed movies from fashionable Christian lecturers and counselors and take part in a caring small assist group setting. All are welcome. The $20 materials payment for the workbook may be waived upon request.
• “Selecting Me,” a therapeutic assist group for victims and survivors of home violence, will meet at 5:30 p.m. the primary and third Wednesday at The Laurel Heart, Winchester, Virginia. Arrival begins at 5:15 p.m. The group gives a secure place to study abuse whereas contemplating its impact in your life. It really works to revive a extra hopeful outlook whereas empowering members with wholesome coping methods. Attendees will obtain social assist and constructive suggestions from different victims/survivors.
• Buddies Weight Loss meets at 1 and seven p.m. each Monday at 1107 Winchester Ave., with weigh-ins at 12:30-1 p.m. and 6:30-7 p.m. A brand new members class is held at 6:30 p.m. each Thursday. For extra info, name 304-886-3124 or go to www.friendswl.com.
• RAPP (Family As Dad and mom Program) for Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan Counties will meet from 6-8 p.m. the second Friday of every month, November by April (besides December) at Calvary United Methodist Church. Refreshments and little one care will probably be supplied. For extra info, name Vivian Jackson at 240-422-6444 or go to the web site https://www.rappeasternpanhandle.com.
• The 4 State Group Veterans Engagement Board in cooperation with Honor Alliance, will provoke weekly alternatives for Veterans and their households to debate challenges, frustrations or wants for help. The weekly conferences will probably be 4-6 p.m. each Tuesday on the HUB situated at 126 East Burke Road in Martinsburg. The group may also meet the ten:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the final Friday of the month on the Hospice of the Panhandle, situated at 330 Hospice Lane, Kearneysville. These conferences are designed to supply “impartial floor” to these searching for providers bettering the lives of Veterans and their households. There will probably be info supplied regarding psychological well being and basic points resembling transportation, job search help and advantages help for examples.
For additional info, name 304-240-0969 or go to the web site at fourstatecveb.org.
• The Dependancy Motion Committee, of Winchester, Virginia, has a web site, RoadtoRecovery.data, that features consciousness and training initiatives to tell the neighborhood concerning the illness of dependancy, promote prevention, and provide useful assets, regionally and past. The web site gives info for these scuffling with dependancy, relations of people dwelling with dependancy, dad and mom and neighborhood members. The web site gives info on the next methods the neighborhood can get entangled:
– Acknowledge the indicators and signs of drug use, dependence and dependancy.
– Search assist on your family members dwelling with dependancy.
– Clear out your medication cupboard and take away undesirable or expired drugs. Take your undesirable drugs to a drug assortment unit just like the one in entrance of the Timbrook Public Security Heart at 231 East Piccadilly St., Winchester, Virginia.
– Lock up your prescription drugs at dwelling.
– Report info on drug exercise in your neighborhood by contacting the Northwest VA Regional Drug Job Power at 540-535-0304 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The web site consists of the quantity for Concern Hotline, 540-667-0145, the place callers can communicate to an individual 24 hours a day.
• Gamblers Nameless of Hagerstown, Maryland meets at 7 p.m. each Tuesday on the Valley Grace Brethren Church, 17310 Homosexual St. This assembly is open for assist for the gambler. For different GA conferences on this space, go to www.gamblersanonymous.org.
For extra info, name Chris at 301-331-8790.
• A ‘Restoration Program’ will probably be held at 2 p.m. each Sunday at Grace Level Church, 889 Windfall Church Highway. Main this system will probably be Pastor Steve and Ashley Mohn of A Higher Life Ministries.
For extra info, name 304-754-4403. “Forged your burdens on the Lord and he’ll maintain you” Psalm 55:22.
• The 4 State Group Veterans Engagement Board in cooperation with Honor Alliance, will provoke weekly alternatives for Veterans and their households to debate challenges, frustrations or wants for help. The weekly occasion is held 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday’s on the HUB situated at 126 East Burke Road in Martinsburg.
It’s designed to supply “impartial floor” to these searching for providers bettering the lives of Veterans and their households. There will probably be info supplied regarding psychological well being and basic points resembling transportation, job search help, and advantages help for examples. Peer assist teams accessible from 4-6 p.m.
For additional info please name 304-240-0969 or go to the web site at fourstatecveb.org
• A Breastfeeding Assist Group supplied by Shenandoah Group Well being affords free assist and encouragement to new moms. The group meets from 10-11:30 a.m. each Friday in classroom A2 of Shenandoah Group Well being at 99 Tavern Highway. This system is facilitated by an Worldwide Board Licensed Lactation Guide and weekly matters embrace info on getting ready to breastfeed (pregnant moms welcome), encouragement, latch, mastitis, weaning, sleep, returning to work and drawback fixing. Free child weight checks are additionally accessible. No registration is required.
• The ACPA Persistent Ache Assist Group will meet at 6 p.m. the primary and third Thursdays of every month on the United Methodist Church on Greenwood Highway in Winchester, Virginia. This group is free and open to anybody who has power ache or a power ache sickness, and their households.
For instructions or extra info, name Randy Woolf at 703-231-2685.
• Rejoice Restoration will probably be held at 7 p.m. each Tuesday at New Future Ministry Heart, 437 Border Highway, Kearneysville. Group is open to anybody with the braveness to be trustworthy about life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups and is keen to open their life to therapeutic and alter.
For extra info, name 304-596-3284.
• The Delicate Mind Damage Restoration Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of every month at Winchester Medical Heart at Shenandoah College Well being Professions Constructing, 1775 North Sector Court docket, 1840 Amherst St., Winchester, Virginia. The group’s objective is to assist one another thrive after a traumatic mind harm; each for the survivor and the caregivers. For extra info, e mail Kathleen Mancini at TBI@mindspring.com or name Betty Friant at 540-550-1784.
• Dad and mom of Addicted Beloved Ones present hope and assist by dependancy training for fogeys coping with an addicted beloved one. PAL may also assist spouses who really feel they need to guardian a companion with dependancy points. PAL is particularly useful for fogeys and spouses; nonetheless, all different sober relations and associates (18 or older) are welcome at their conferences. PAL weekly assembly will probably be held 7-8:30 p.m. each Monday, at Religion Bible Church, 9495 Hedgesville Highway, Hedgesville and by Zoom. For extra info go to www.palgroup.org or by calling Pastor Andrew Hamrick at 304-229-0967.
• The Martinsburg/Hedgesville Chapter of TOPS Membership Inc., (Take Off Kilos Sensibly) meets each Thursday at Mt. Zion Episcopal Church Useful resource Heart, 200 N. Mary Road, Hedgesville. Non-public weigh-ins begin at 6 p.m., conferences start at 7 p.m. Guests are welcome to attend their first TOPS assembly freed from cost. Membership for the primary 12 months is $52.43 with renewal value of $39.59. Chapter dues is $4 per 30 days. TOPS gives assist, friendship and academic packages.
For extra info, name Robin VanFleet at 304-692-6743 or e mail email@example.com
• A Home Violence Assist Group will meet from 5:30-6:30 p.m. each Wednesday at The Laurel Heart. This can be a assist group to teach women and men on the problems of home violence, provide a secure place for sharing and rising with the objective of growing more healthy and extra hopeful lives.
For extra info or to RSVP, name Kelly at 540-667-6160.
• The Compassionate Buddies, chapter 2559 of Martinsburg will meet the third Wednesday of each month from 6-7:30 p.m. at Pikeside United Methodist Church, 25 Paynes Ford Rd. Martinsburg. TCF is a assist group for bereaved dad and mom, grownup siblings and grandparents. A secure place to share their grief with individuals who actually perceive, study coping abilities, and develop friendships that may allow you to alongside essentially the most tough journey of your life. You needn’t stroll alone. For extra info, name 304-616-6759 or e mail at MartinsburgTCF@gmail.com
• Serenity, a most cancers assist group, will meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month at Charles City Baptist Church, 203 East Congress St. The group will present emotional and religious assist to any particular person with any type of most cancers. This consists of these which were just lately recognized, these presently in remedy, most cancers survivors, in addition to their caregivers. Every assembly begins within the church’s fellowship corridor with a brief interval of greeting and registration. Then attendees will escape into small teams that meet within the school rooms. For extra info, name 304-725-5917.